Job Title: Work Crew
Supervisor’s Job Title: Tribal Administrator
Department: Work Crew Department
Location: On-Site 635 E. Hwy 20, A P.O. Box 516, Upper Lake, CA 95485
Purpose of this Position: To perform basic labor-oriented tasks and projects as identified by Tribal Administration. This role will provide basic manual labor services for the Tribe and its membership, while providing a foundation for locating and retaining gainful employment for participants. The role of the Work Crew is responsible for the management and upkeep of HPUL Cemetery and other designated Tribal community properties.
• Perform basic yard work and/or maintenance for the Tribe and its members.
• Plan, organize, and execute community clean ups.
• Responsible for Fire Hazard Mitigation.
• Responsible for beautification and maintenance of tribally owned property.
• Maintain and track burial plot map.
• Assist Administration with Cemetery Ordinance Compliance.
• Provide tools and/or assistance for burial to Tribal Member families as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred, but is required within two years of hire date
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Basic knowledge of outside tools (rake, shovel, hoe, sheers, etc.).
• Basic knowledge to safely operate power tools (weed eater, chainsaw, etc.).
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills preferred.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Able to work independently, but also in a team setting.
• Dependable and responsible.
• Punctual and demonstrates excellent attendance.
• Ability to work in outside environment in adverse weather conditions.
• Maintain a respectful demeanor.
• Maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Must be able to lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds unassisted or more with assistance.
Native American Indian preference shall apply to the position pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. § 5301, et seq.), 25 C.F.R. § 275.3 and other relevant laws (25 U.S.C. §§ 5116, 5118); in addition to the Tribe’s Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO).
Preference in hiring is given to (1) qualified Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake Tribal Members; and (2) qualified American Indians in accordance with 25 U.S.C. §§ 5116, 5118. Applicants claiming Indian preference must submit verification of Indian eligibility with their application.