Salary (Full-time/Part-time): Full time (32-40 hours, $16-21, Depending on Experience)
Supervisor: HPUL Executive Council
All of the responsibilities listed below are considered essential functions of this position. Additionally, this position is expected to ensure that the core operating values and the strategic direction of the job are adhered to.
- Be responsible for general administration tasks within the Tribal Gaming Commission. Ensure that all office tasks are coordinated to achieve a high level of productivity within the Commission.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks such as tracking invoices, budget tracking and monitoring accounts receivable.
- Produce schedules for the commission staff and monitor attendance. Oversee the staff and evaluate them on a yearly basis.
- Oversee the maintenance of office facilities and equipment.
- Perform other relevant duties as needed.
- High school diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or a related field.
- 2 or more years office administration experience preferably in a tribal environment.
- Experience on a gaming commission or familiarity with Native American gaming codes.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in the work environment.
- Multi-tasking and time- management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake requires the successful completion of a drug screening of all potential Tribal employees prior to the scheduling of an interview. The Tribe recognizes that the State of California has legalized the use of marijuana. The Tribe is located on federally owned trust land and complies with federal laws. Therefore, marijuana use is prohibited, and all drug tests will include a screening for THC. Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake Tribe has a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy and employees will be required to sign a Drug and/or Alcohol Abuse Policy. Employees may be selected for alcohol / drug testing upon reasonable suspicion, and upon any/all accidents.
Candidates for this position will be subject to criminal and character background checks and fingerprinting. Verification of previous employment and education will be conducted after the interview if an offer of employment is being considered.
Confidentiality is an absolute requirement for this position and is cause for immediate termination if not followed to the highest standard.
Preference in hiring is given to: (1) qualified Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake Tribal Members; and (2) qualified American Indians in accordance with Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473. Applicants claiming Indian preference must submit verification of Indian eligibility.
POINT OF CONTACT:
Name: Executive Council
Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake
P.O. Box 516, Upper Lake, CA 95485