The Supervisor of Maintenance and Operations shall report to the Executive Council (EC) or designee, for all services related to the support of the maintenance programs. Under the supervision of the EC, the Supervisor of Maintenance and Operations will maintain all buildings, grounds, and equipment in a safe, clean, and orderly condition. The position is also responsible for taking steps necessary to protect property, eliminate safety hazards, and meet the daily requirements of each property. The Supervisor of Maintenance and Operations is responsible for storage, distribution, and details related to each property as well as supplies, equipment, and upkeep of equipment.
• Continuously update EC regarding the condition of properties, equipment, and supplies ensuring that timely notification is received, urgent matters are brought to the EC’s attention while working to complete tasks to address and resolve any issues that may arise. • Work closely with the Property Manager, keeping them updated on any relevant changes or information while fostering a collaborative relationship.
• Work with the Property Manager in finding the solution to problems related to custodial and maintenance service.
• Plan and Perform repair, renovation, remodeling, or major repair of structures, windows, doors, ramps, equipment, and furnishings on properties owned by the Tribe. • Maintain, improve, and/or oversee repairs of painting, lighting, heat/air, water/faucets, and equipment installation to support a positive external and internal image and function of the properties owned by the Tribe.
• Develop and implement a program of preventative maintenance.
• Immediately address any potential safety concerns by taking immediate mitigating action and report any such suspected problems/concerns to the Property Manager as soon as possible.
• Assist with custodial duties as needed, and in the absence of custodial staff.
• Perform grounds safety inspections and comply with safety and environmental regulations (MSDS).
• Ensure regular monitoring of all fire extinguishers complies with regulations and contact local vendors to schedule required extinguisher certifications.
• Ensure that all custodial staff received the appropriate training in safety and OSHA regulations.
• Assist security to uphold security procedures and respond to emergency situations during and after standard business hours (fire/burglar alarm).
• Follow approved safety procedures to clean up spills involving chemicals, solvent, blood, body fluids, and/or body tissues – Obtain and maintain all certifications related to these procedures.
• Responsible for an effective basic cleaning program by custodial staff.
• Determine the need for custodial supplies and requisition supplies and equipment as needed.
• Anticipate and submit requisitions for consumable custodial/maintenance supplies to avoid work schedule interruptions.
• Assist with receipt and stocking deliveries by package inspection and quantity verification. Ensure supplies are labeled and stored safely in accordance with safety and environmental regulations (MSDS).
• Maintain supply storage in an orderly, clean, and safe environment at assigned properties, maintenance office, shop, and storage facility.
• Maintain and track maintenance equipment inventory.
• Maintain ground areas and equipment to ensure a safe environment that is free of hazards.
• Responsible for irrigation, seeding, fertilizing, mowing, edging/trimming, and weed control of all properties owned by the Tribe excluding Tribal Admin Office; Cemetery; Pomo Park; vacant lot on Rancheria Road.
• Keep parking lots clean and free of debris.
• Conduct annual painting of red/yellow/blue zones.
• Keep assigned areas clean and free from debris, including cob/spider web removal from the exterior of all properties.
• Ensure upkeep and maintenance of various equipment i.e., mowers, power tools, truck, tractor, etc.
• Perform personnel functions of the custodial staff to include supervision, direction, evaluation, recommendations for discipline, etc.
• Ensure custodial staff members receive all required training.
• Prepare work task schedules and ensure work is performed in accordance with the established schedules on all shifts.
• Assign and inspect the work of custodians.
• Assist the EC with an evaluation of classified direct reports (e.g., equipment manuals and equipment repair, building codes, service professional contacts, unlawful tenant misuse and damages, illegal dumping, vehicle abandonment, etc.)
• Meet established attendance requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree Preferred or a minimum of 3 years in a similar position. • An equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational requirements.
Skills & Abilities: • Experience working as a Supervisor of Maintenance and Operations including having Custodial / Janitorial duties in this capacity for a large facility with multiple site locations preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience and/or training required.
• Knowledge of maintenance and operations of buildings, grounds, and equipment in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
• Ensure COVID-19 safety compliance while using proper PPE and always staying informed and compliant with the current requirements as they relate to operations and safety measures needed to provide a safe work environment for all.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on proficiency in written communications/documents.
• Proven effective time management skills, including the ability to prioritize, self-start, and complete projects in a timely manner.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities, and problems simultaneously.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to function as a contributing team member and interact positively and openly with peers and other departments in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems.
• Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
• Possess a high level of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
• Solutions-oriented with the ability to develop and implement resolutions in time-sensitive situations.
• Ability to effectively convey and receive ideas, information, and directions.
• Must demonstrate sensitivity to Tribal history, lifestyle, and culture to earn and retain the trust of the Tribal community.
• Driving is required as is a valid driver’s license and clean driving record i.e., no DUIs, etc. • Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for prolonged periods.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds on a regular basis.
• Ability to work outside in varying climates for prolonged periods of time.
• Must pass a drug screen and background check.
• Ability to safely retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
• Must demonstrate the ability to tolerate frequent position changes such as twisting, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling, and bending positions for complete shift.
• Ability to work on ladders, scaffolds and be able to sit, stand and walk for momentary to extended periods of time.
• Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
• Ability to safely work with hazardous materials.
Native American Indian preference shall apply to the position in accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. § 2000e-2(i)), regulations of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (41 C.F.R. § 60-1.5(a)(7)), and/or other relevant laws. Applicants claiming Indian preference must submit verification of Indian eligibility with their application.