The Manager of Slot Operations is responsible for the overall operation, planning, and administration of the Slot Departments. The Manager of Slot Operations oversees the direction, coordination and evaluation of all individuals in the Slot Department in a fashion commensurate with the Vision, Mission and Values of the organization while ensuring efficient and profitable operations.
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Certification
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5 years of Slot Operations management experience
- Associates Degree in related field and 8 years of Slot Operations management experience
- 10 years previous Slot Operations management experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Gaming Industry and the laws and regulations governing gaming operations
- Strong computer skills with experience in word processing, databases, and spreadsheets (ability to demonstrate proficiency)
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities. Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Displays leadership qualities and the ability to serve both internal and external customers
- Must be able to manage departmental budget and control labor and expenses.
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Must be capable of analyzing and changing slot machine layout to maximize profitability and achieving financial goals set by leaders of the tribe and management of the casino.
- Must be capable of analyzing and changing mix to maximize profitability and achieving financial goals set by leaders of the tribe and management of the casino.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains awareness of all Slot Department activity and monitors performance of subordinates, ensuring adherence to casino policies and procedures, the MICS and all regulations of the Gaming Commission.
2. Responsible for developing and managing annual Slot Department budgets and periodic forecasting.
3. Compiles and Manages annual budget and periodic forecasting.
4. Maintains excellent working relationships with vendors, staying informed of game and related product performance.
5. Assures Slot department is in compliance with federal currency transaction reporting requirements (Title 31).
6. Reviews daily and monthly Slot reports and financial reports, providing written explanations for any unusual statistical fluctuations, customer service levels, general drop and revenue performance, coin-in, and actual to theoretical hold percentages.
7. Ensures all Slot Machines are in good repair and in working order at all times.
8. Reviews all Table Games and Slot promotions and provides input and suggestions to the General Manager and Marketing Manager for improvement.
9. Oversees the preparation of weekly staffing schedules for the Slot Department personnel.
10. Develops and implements Slot Department policies and procedures to improve security, efficiency and the safeguarding of assets.
11. Determines types, locations, denominations and number of slot machines on the floor.
12. Analyze customer play, cheating, scams, card counters, and unusual or suspicious variations of play.
13. Responsible for hiring, retaining, promoting, performance evaluations, training, disciplining, and terminating employee with concurrence of the General Manager.
Communicate in writing, verbally and by technical methods.
Computer use is required.
Must be able to sit, walk, and/or stand for extended periods of time.
Repetitive wrist motion is required.
Maybe required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Environment includes flashing lights, frequent loud noises, and smoke.
Flexible work schedule is required.
Must be willing to work any hours or shifts, as needed or required to meet business needs.
Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals.
Must preserve the positive working relationship the Tribe has established with the County and community.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All Casino Team Members are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Casino policies, IGRA, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with Casino include passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a gaming license and successfully completing a three-month introductory period.
Point of Contact:
Running Creek Casino
635 E. Hwy. 20
Upper Lake, CA 95485