The Slot Attendant is responsible for providing additional services to the guests including, but not limited to payouts, answering questions, and handling minor disputes. The Slot Attendant will also be required to perform basic maintenance on slot machines and is responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of their area.
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Certification
At least 21 years of age
High school diploma or GED required
Working knowledge of the Gaming Industry and the laws and regulations governing gaming operations.
1 year prior customer service experience preferred including cash handling.
Strong organizational skills
Strong written communication skills
Strong verbal communication skills
Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery.
Accurate and detail-oriented
Strong problem solving skills
Basic math skills (ability to demonstrate proficiency)
Ability to maintain high confidentiality
Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
Ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds routinely
Ability to count large sums of money
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists the Slot Supervisor in all jackpots by paying out the jackpot winnings to the guest.
2. Changes out paper in slot machines when needed.
3. Assists guests and explains slot machine winning combinations, pay lines, etc.
4. Informs the slot tech of repairs that need to be made on specific slot machines.
5. Responsible for gaming keys issued to them during their assigned shift.
6. Assists cocktail waitresses when needed.
7. Monitors area for cleanliness and empties ashtrays, picks up trash, straightens chairs, etc.
8. Provides guests with current information on all promotions and casino events.
9. Creates a quality entertainment experience for all guests by use of the hospitality
10. Observes guests to identify regulars and learns names.
11. Possesses a thorough knowledge of the Running Creek Player’s Club promotions, rules and policies.
12. Identifies guests playing slot machines without a Player’s Club Card and encourages them to join the Player’s Club program and explains the benefits of being a Club member.
13. Assists guests on how to use the Player’s card in the slot machine, and explains how they earn points and how to download their promotional dollars.
14. Adheres to all regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures.
15. Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Running Creek Casino and of the Slot Operations department.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is required to walk and/or stand for long periods of time. Walking will require a fast pace at times. The team member will be required to bend, stoop, and kneel occasionally. The team member must also be able to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
Office and gaming floor environments include flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Extensive computer use. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile guests. High volume direct public contact.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All Running Creek Casino employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Running Creek Casino policies, MICS, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with the Running Creek Casino include passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a gaming license and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them.