Security Officers patrol and inspect property to protect against fire, theft, vandalism, terrorism, and illegal activity. Security Officers protect the Running Creek Casino’s investment, enforce regulations, Internal Controls, policies, and procedures on the property, and deter criminal activity and other problems.
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Certification
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least 21 years of age
- First Aid and CPR certification (or ability to obtain within three months of hire)
- Valid Driver’s License & be able to be insurable on Company’s Policy if necessary.
- 1 year Law Enforcement, Security, or Customer Service experience
- Working knowledge of the Gaming Industry and the laws and regulations governing gaming operations
- Basic computer skills Strong organizational skills
- Strong written communication skills (Must pass a vocabulary and written communication skills test administered by the Security Department)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
- Ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds daily
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides overall protection from, and elimination of, anything that may tend to jeopardize the welfare and security of the company assets, properties, guests/customers, and team members.
2. Patrols the buildings and grounds.
3. Safeguards the assets of the casino.
4. Enforces gaming regulations included in the MICS.
5. Prepare clear, concise, and complete written accident and incident reports as required by policy/procedure/internal controls.
6. Guards and transports chips, tokens, currency, and coins throughout the casino.
7. Collects and transports drop boxes to storage area.
8. Observe slot/gaming machine drop.
9. Perform poker game and table game drop.
10. Periodically, examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
11. Warns violators of rule infractions and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
12. Periodically, inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
13. Detect and correct safety and/or security problems that could endanger guests or Team Members.
14. Sounds alarm or calls police/fire department by telephone in case of emergency.
15. Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment.
16. Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic to maintain orderly flow.
17. Adheres to all regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures, and to the MICS.
18. Provides information and directions to guests.
19. Appropriately react to incidents and make decisions under stress and/or duress.
20. Comply with the confidential policy as it relates to the release or disclosure of organizational information.
21. Demonstrate excellent guest service skills and cooperate with other Team Members in providing guest information, assistance, and service.
22. Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Running Creek Casino and of the Security Department.
Must be able to communicate using written, oral and computer methods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to operate computer equipment (for extended periods of time). Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 8 hours. Must be able to walk, sit, and/or stand for long periods of time. Must have a good sense of balance, and be able to bend and kneel. Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects. Must have the ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds daily. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions. Required to physically subdue, restrain or remove hostile individuals.
Office, gaming floor and convention center environment including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Extensive computer use. Gaming and convention center parking environment. Outdoor environment. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals. High volume direct public contact.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All Running Creek Casino employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Running Creek Casino policies, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with Running Creek Casino include passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a gaming license and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them without notice. Must also maintain a Valid Driver’s License and be insurable on our company’s policy throughout your time of employment with the Running Creek Casino.