Job Title: Payroll Clerk /Revenue Audit Clerk
Status: Full Time
The Payroll Clerk / Revenue Audit Clerk is responsible for performing all activities related to the processing of payroll wages, gratuities, garnishments, deductions, checks and direct deposits, in accordance with established policies, procedures and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Audits transactions in the timekeeping system with supporting time and attendance documentation including sign-sheets, PTO forms, Personal Action Forms etc.
▪ Posts information pertaining to hours worked, deductions paid time off, benefits, gratuities and direct deposits into the payroll system in a timely and accurate manner.
▪ Reviews and processes payroll adjustments
▪ Assists with pay period end, month end, quarter end and year end payroll functions including account and payroll tax reconciliation and reporting.
▪ Researches and responds, in a timely manner, to questions related to Payroll transactions
▪ Interacts with Team Members and all levels of management with respect to payroll wages, gratuities, garnishments, deductions, checks and direct deposits.
▪ Maintains all payroll files that meet all internal and regulatory requirements
▪ Assists with accounts payable as needed
▪ Assists with inventory counts
▪ Maintains the strictest level of confidence within the department.
▪ Performs other duties as assigned.
▪ Gather and reconcile revenue and other financial and statistical information for all revenue departments utilizing various accounting systems’ reports.
▪ Research, investigate, and correct financial data variances and discrepancies.
▪ Audit revenues and other financial and statistical information daily accurately and efficiently.
▪ Reviews source documents from various gaming areas for compliance with the minimum internal control standards and company policies.
▪ Enter daily revenue information into journal entry format for general ledger upload.
▪ Performs daily audits accurately and efficiently in accordance to established policy and procedures and documents the results of the audit.
▪ In coordination with the Revenue Audit Supervisor prepares any requested financial or statistical analysis reports.
▪ Produces audited and un-audited reports for each department.
▪ Ensures proper filing and storage of audit paperwork.
▪ Ability to maintain files in an orderly and updated fashion.
▪ Must have strong teamwork, verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with multiple levels of management.
▪ Ability to work odd and unusual hours, including weekends and overtime as needed.
▪ Ability to file, use spreadsheets, word processor, standard office machine equipment, and ten key by touch.
The requisite qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experiences
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with two (2) years payroll functions preferred.
Must possess effective communication, organizational and analytical skills. Must be extremely number orientated and computer literate. Must have the ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of deadlines. Must pass basic MS Excel skills test 70% or higher, administered at time of interview.
▪ Drug Testing Screening
▪ Back ground checks
▪ Reference checks
▪ Must apply for, be granted and retain a valid Tribal Gaming License throughout their employment with Running Creek Casino.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401K
▪ Work is performed indoors.
▪ Work hours subject to change with overtime work required.
▪ Must be able to work long hours under stressful conditions.
▪ Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm: smoke, common colds, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
▪ Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
▪ Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following: o Trunk-bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, and carry
- Arms-reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, and rotate
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate
- Hands-grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, eye and hand coordination, overall and finger dexterity.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.