Overall responsibility for all Human Resources functions including recruitment, hiring, terminations, training and development, performance appraisal, discipline and commendation, compensation and benefits, and employee relations.
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Certification
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 2 years of Human Resource Department experience
- Associates Degree in related field and 4 years of Human Resource Department experience
- Must have 2 years’ experience as an HR Manager or Assistant Manager – must be knowledgeable of labor law practices and the ability to mediate employee disputes and manage mentoring and training programs – Tribal experience a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of the Gaming Industry and the laws and regulations governing gaming operations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain high customer service
- Strong computer skills with experience in word processing, databases and spreadsheets (1+ years experience or ability to demonstrate proficiency)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Time management skills to manage multiple priorities
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints
- Ability to independently manage multiple functions and personnel in professional manner
- Ability to write speeches and articles
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or Tribal Membership
- Highly confidential
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee the activities of the Human Resources Department.
2. Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives for the Human Resources Department.
3. Lead the development and implementation of human resources policies and programs aimed at enhancing the organization’s mission and objectives.
4. Facilitate organizational change efforts designed to create a corporate culture that supports the business plan and mission.
5. Direct employee retention programs.
6. Manage the organization’s activities relative to regulations pertaining to the worker and the workplace. Provide coaching and counseling to managers. Represent the company in hearings, disputes, and other negotiations.
7. Provide guidance in all employee communication efforts.
8. Ensures all employees receive New Hire Orientation and assists with exit interviews; makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement according to human resource approved policies and procedures.
9. Work with Managers and Supervisors on a one on one basis.
10. Represents HR in interviews to ensure all Federal Laws and preference policy are adhered to.
11. Develop appropriate and effective communications to team members on human resources programs and initiatives throughout the company.
12. Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and practices to team member and Management Teams.
13. Receives or initiates communication to and from managers, supervisors and team members about various HR functions. Documents, analyzes, and takes appropriate action based upon all available and relevant information under general direction of the General Manager.
14. Responsible for minimizing business risk and enhancing the company culture by ensuring that all management are trained in all required legal subject areas — Compliance, Code of Conduct, Diversity & Sexual Harassment, Interviewing and selection skills, and employment law.
15. Advises and coaches managers / team members to effectively address client organizational and team member relations issues. Seeks opportunities and suggest ways to improve efficiencies and productivity.
16. Provides expert advice, counsel, and coaching to senior leaders and managers on team member related issues such as, but not limited to: performance management, investigations, termination decisions, corrective action, HR and Company policies and procedures, and all employment/labor laws through programs, practices, policies, investigations and actions, etc.
17. Maintains current and complete understanding of Federal and State laws including case law and regulations such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, and state laws. Stays abreast of changing legislation impacting Human Resources functions.
18. Promote team member involvement and excitement about business and culture.
19. Responsible for ensuring that performance issues are addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion. Responsible for ensuring that individual performance assessments are calibrated with department and business results.
20. Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports.
21. Updates team member files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
22. Assist with hiring, retaining, promoting, performance evaluations, training, disciplining, and terminating team member with concurrence of the Department Manager and General Manager.
23. Adheres to all regulatory, departmental and casino policies and procedures and to the MICS.
24. Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Running Creek Casino and of the HR department.
Must be able to communicate using written, oral and through the emails.
Able to operate computer equipment, for extended periods of time.
Must be able to sit, walk, and/or stand for extended periods of time.
Extensive repetitive wrist motion is required.
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Office and Gaming environment includes flashing lights, frequent loud noises, and smoke.
Extensive computer use is required.
Must be willing to work any hours or shifts, as needed or required to meet business needs.
Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals.
Must preserve the positive working relationship the Tribe has established with the County and community.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Page 4 of 4
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (CONTINUED)
All Casino team members are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Casino policies, IGRA, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with Casino include passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a gaming license and successfully completing a three-month introductory period.
Point of Contact:
Running Creek Casino
635 E. Hwy. 20
Upper Lake, CA 95485