Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Manager, General Manager and all Department Managers as needed and coordinating the activities of the executive office.
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Certification
• High school diploma or GED required
• At least 21 years of age
• 2 years of experience in Human Resources
• Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations
• Effective HR administration and people management skills
• Understanding of HR functions and best practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Works well under pressure and meets deadlines
• Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, Excel and related business and communication tools.
• Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
• Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal communications skills in person, on the phone and written correspondence.
• Excellent phone skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Good computer knowledge and skills
• Basic math skills
• Able to maintain complete Guest, Employee and Casino confidentiality
• Able to multi task in an orderly and professional manner while maintaining an attention to detail
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Able to work and cooperate with all departments
• Able to prioritize tasks
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule dependent on business needs.
2. Organize files for Human Resources Manager and assist General Manager of Running Creek Casino as directed.
3. Spot check inventory logs and assist in compliance as directed
4. Assist the Finance department Rev-Audit report monthly
5. Maintain all I-9 documents: New hires and termed employees. Ensures they are properly completed to meet standards.
6. Assist in the coordination of interviews for all open positions including being a part of the interview as needed. Follow up with hiring managers on decisions on applicants.
7. Coordinate all new hire Drug Testing with Security
8. Generate all documents and arrange background appointments with TGC for all new hires.
9. Prepare and performs/assists new hire orientation. Including room arrangements and IT set up.
10. Assist in entering all new hires in to Paycom and Casino Essentials
11. Arrange for all new hire badges, micros, and uniforms to be distributed.
12. Ensures all documents are properly completed and sent to the proper departments in a timely manner. This includes all PAF’s, IT forms, Work history forms, finance and the Tribal Gaming Commission.
13. Maintain employee records – hard and digital document’s.
14. Assist with performance management procedures and assist with Employee investigations as needed.
15. Assist in planning Running Creek Casino events for Easter, Christmas, Halloween, Employee Day and Give Aways.
16. Represent the Casino at company sponsored and non-company sponsored events
17. Dress in an appropriate business fashion.
18. Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
19. Support other assigned functions as needed.
20. Always remember that you represent Running Creek Casino and will act accordingly both on and off property.
In performance of the duties of this position, Team Member will be required to be on their feet for extended periods both standing and walking. Team member will be working in areas where cigarette smoking is permitted and alcohol is served. Some light lifting may be required.
Office, gaming floor and off site events may include loud noises and cigarette smoke. Extensive computer use. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All Casino employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Casino policies, MICS, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with the Casino include passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a gaming license and successfully completing a four-month introductory period. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them. Must also maintain a Valid Driver’s License and be insurable on our company’s policy throughout your time of employment with the Casino