Native American Preference will apply in accordance with Tribal policies.
Job Title: Gardener
Authorization Date: June 10, 2020
Direct Supervisor: Facilities Manager
Hourly Rate: $12.00
Classification: Non Exempt
Status: Full Time with Benefits
Position Description as authorized by Joseph Holstine, General Manager
The Gardener plants and maintains all aspects of the Running Creek Casino gardening projects.
Gardener responsibilities include:
▪ Plants new crops and flowers
▪ Maintains the garden and flower arrangements located throughout, but not limited to, the patio area
▪ Watering and feeding plants
▪ Trimming trees and shrubs
▪ Fertilizing and weeding gardens
▪ Know how to use equipment, while following health and safety regulations
▪ Install and maintain seasonal plants
▪ Mow, trim and fertilize green spaces
▪ Mulch, edge and weed gardens
▪ Prune and trim trees and bushes
▪ Maintain all gardening equipment and machinery, like mowers, trimmers and leaf blowers
▪ Monitor and maintain the health of plants and flowers
▪ Deal with pest problems that could damage plants
▪ Keep gardens and green spaces clear of debris and litter
▪ Any other general maintenance duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
▪ Experience as a Gardener.
▪ Knowledge of regional plant life
▪ Knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them
▪ Knowledge of synthetic and natural fertilizers
▪ Knowledge of state health and safety regulations for gardening and landscaping
▪ The ability to safely lift heavy objects up to 75 lbs.
▪ The ability to remain on your feet for long periods of time
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
▪ Must be at least 18 years of age.
▪ High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
▪ Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
▪ Will require a pre-employment drug screening..
▪ Work is performed indoors and outdoors.
▪ Outside work is subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather conditions.
▪ Work hours subject to change.
▪ Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke; diseases; cuts bruises, burns, common cold, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
▪ Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
▪ Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following: o Trunk- bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry.
- Arms – reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate.
- Legs – lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate
- Hands – Grasp, manipulate bilateral coordination, hand and eye coordination, and overall and finger dexterity.
Casino exposed to temperatures that may vary, noise, smoke, and bright lights.
- Walking/Standing 55%, Bending/Lifting 40% (up to 75 lbs.), Sitting 5%
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license through the Habematolel Tribal Gaming Commission