The Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting and seating all guests. Additionally, the host/hostess is responsible for monitoring the flow of guests into and out of the outlet. The cashier is responsible for handling the settlement / payment of all guest checks in the outlet.
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Certification
- At least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years previous customer service experience including money handling
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic Math Skills
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
- Able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to count back change
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all duties are complied with during opening and closing.
- Ensures the outlet environment (a/c, music and lighting) is pleasant for guests.
- Is aware of all outlet specials and “86’d” items.
- Ensures the host stand is neat, clean and well supplied.
- Is aware of station assignments.
- Greets all guests entering the outlet.
- Seats guests.
- Is aware of special need guests and ensure accommodations are made.
- Refers guests to other outlets and/or maintains a stand by list when outlet is full.
- Monitors flow of service in the outlet.
- Assists is resetting tables.
- Thanks departing guests and invites them to return.
- Obtains bank from Cage and verifies amount.
- Ensures all necessary supplies are in place at cashier stand.
- Ensures cashier stand is neat, clean and orderly.
- Greets guests as they enter the restaurant or approach the cashier.
- Maintains paper in point of sale printer.
- Processes change requests and due-backs.
- Operates point of sale system as per instructions.
- Processes cash, traveler’s checks and credit cards.
- Closes out shift and makes daily drop to cashier.
- Bus tables, clean spills and equipment as necessary.
- Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Running Creek Casino and of the Food & Beverage Department.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Office, gaming floor and convention center environment including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Extensive computer use. Must handle hazardous materials. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals. High volume direct public contact.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All Running Creek Casino employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Running Creek Casino policies, MICS, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with the Running Creek Casino include passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a work permit and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them.