To effectively maintain and clean public and office areas of casino as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
Possession of a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D) ability to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Physical condition allowing prolonged period of standing and walking
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including Holidays and weekends.
- Ability to learn the “Material Safety Data Sheets” for safe use of chemicals.
- General knowledge of cleaning chemicals is preferred.
- Prior cleaning experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Gaming Industry and the laws and regulations governing gaming operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Cleans lobbies, casino, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, offices and any other area as assigned by supervisor.
2. Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
3. Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
4. Dusts and cleans glass, ceramic, vinyl, wood, and metal surfaces of fixtures and slot machines as outlined in section assignments
5. Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
6. Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
7. Utilizes equipment (i.e. mops, buckets, extension cords, etc.) in a manner that is mindful of guest safety.
8. Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
9. Transports trash and waste to disposal area. Empties trash according to the environmental method of disposal or holding in specific containers for pick-up.
10. Replenishes bathroom supplies.
11. Repositions chairs etc. on casino gaming floor to original positions.
12. Keeps all public areas in the casino clean of any unused glasses and bottles, and debris etc., at all times.
13. Reports all defects in equipment and furniture and fixtures to the Maintenance Manager when discovered.
14. Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies and procedures of the Running Creek Casino and of the Hospitality Services department.
15. And all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 8 hours. Must be able to walk, sit, and/or stand for long periods of time. Must have a good sense of balance, and be able to bend and kneel . Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects. Must have manual dexterity necessary to use cleaning equipment and products. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions. Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform physical work both in and out of doors in all weather conditions; lift and move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and heavier weights with the use of proper equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone and/or radio. Must be available for regular standby assignments and
Minimum qualifications indicated in work emergency overtime as required. Must be willing to work out of doors in all weather conditions and with exposure to traffic.
Office, gaming floor and convent ion center environment including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Gaming and convent ion center parking environment. Outdoor environment. Must handle hazardous materials. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required. High volume direct public contact. May be required to work in extreme weather.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All Running Creek Casino employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Running Creek Casino policies, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with Running Creek Casino include passing a pre- employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a gaming license and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them without notice.