Prepares and cooks food for the restaurant(s).
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Certification
At least 18 years of age
High school diploma or GED required
1 year experience in food production
Knowledge of weights and measurements
Good organizational skills
Basic written communication skills
Good verbal communication skills
Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
Accurate and detail-oriented
Strong problem solving skills
Basic math skills
Basic Knife Handling Skills
Basic Reading Skills
Basic Writing Skills
Ability to maintain high confidentiality
Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
Ability to follow direction
Ability to operate assorted kitchen equipment
Ability to work in a face paced environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists Kitchen Supervisor in receiving and examining foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
2. Assists Kitchen Supervisor in ensuring all federal, tribal, state and local Health Department policies and laws for food preparation, food storage, safety, sanitation, equipment maintenance, and cleanliness.
3. Prepares food based according to recipes provided or selected by the Kitchen Supervisor from the menu.
4. Engages in preparing and cooking meats, sauces, vegetables, soups, and other foods.
5. Cuts, trims, and bones meats and poultry for cooking, under the direction of the Kitchen Supervisor.
6. Portions cooked foods, under the direction of the Kitchen Supervisor.
7. Adheres to all regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures, and to the MICS.
8. Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Running Creek Casino and of the Food and Beverage Department.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. W ill be exposed to electrical and other hazards. W ill be exposed to a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All Running Creek Casino employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Running Creek Casino policies, MICS, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with the Running Creek Casino include passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a work permit and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them.