Creates positive service experiences for patrons of the casino and bar while serving beverages. Busses tables, keeps stations and work areas neat and clean.
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Certification
At least 21 years of age
High school diploma or GED required
Working knowledge of the Gaming Industry and the laws and regulations governing gaming operations
Good organizational skills
Strong verbal communication skills
Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
Accurate and detail-oriented
Basic math skills
Ability to maintain high confidentiality
Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
Ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds routinely
Ability to count back change
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
2. Uses hospitality standards to make guests feel welcome and important.
3. Takes food and beverage orders from guests and enters into point of sale system.
4. Serves courses from kitchen and service bars for menu service within established time limits.
5. Observes guests to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
6. Totals bill, refers accepts payment and processes according to procedure.
7. Clears and resets tables at conclusion of each service.
8. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation requirements in serving areas, restaurant floor, and in waitress stations at all times.
9. Perform other duties prescribed by management.
10. Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Running Creek Casino and of the Food & Beverage Department.
Must be able to communicate using oral and computer methods. Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 8 hours. Must have a good sense of balance, and be able to bend and kneel. Must have the ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds routinely.
Office, gaming floor and convention center environment including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals. High volume direct public contact.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All Running Creek Casino employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Running Creek Casino policies, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with Running Creek Casino include passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a gaming license and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them without notice