Maintains a positive entertainment environment for all guests and co-workers while preparing beverage orders received from guests or Beverage Servers.
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Certification
High school diploma or GED required
At least 21 years of age
1 year experience as a Bartender or certification from a recognized Bartending school or institution
Strong organizational skills
Strong verbal communication skills
Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
Accurate and detail-oriented
Strong problem solving skills
Basic Math Skills
Ability to maintain high confidentiality
Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
Ability to count back change
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding beverages and service.
2. Takes beverage orders and follows procedures when recording sale.
3. Serves guests and beverage servers within established time limits.
4. Observes guests to respond to any additional requests and to determine when beverage has been consumed for alcohol safety requirements.
5. Totals bill, collects payment and makes change.
6. Clears away empty glasses and bottles.
7. Changes beer kegs as needed.
8. Prepares mixed drinks in accordance with recipes or dispensing systems.
9. Maintains inventory of beverages and supplies maintained at the bar.
10. Monitors slot machine play by guests at the bar and summons slot department personnel as needed to respond to guest needs (e.g. jackpots, technical problems, etc.).
11. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation requirements in serving and work areas at all times.
12. Knowledge of special events, hours of operation, etc.
13. Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Running Creek Casino
and of the Food and Beverage department.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Office, gaming floor and convention center environment including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals. High volume direct public contact.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All Running Creek Casino employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Casino policies, MICS, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with the Running Creek Casino include passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a work permit and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them