Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake Tribal Gaming Commission
Physical address: 635 E. Hwy 20, Upper Lake, CA
Mailing address: P.O. Box 97, Upper Lake, CA 95485
Office Phone: 707-262-5463 / 707-262-5464
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH TRIBAL POLICIES POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Title: Background Investigator
Type of Position: Holds responsibility to Habematolel Tribal Gaming Commission
(HTGC). Conduct confidential background investigations on applicants of Running Creek Casino for employees/vendors to determine suitability.
Status: Full-time 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: Depending on Experience
Purpose: Responsible for completing confidential background investigations on applicants for employees/vendors under considerations for hire by Running Creek Casino by gathering, compiling and analyzing relevant facts. Responsible for using HTGC documents for ensuring compliance as set forth by HTGC Regulations, Tribal Code, State Compact and National Indian Gaming Commission, or any other regulatory agencies recognized by the Tribe. Ensure compliance with all federal, state and tribal gaming regulations and ordinances, as well as compliance with Running Creek Casino internal controls and policies and procedures.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
2. Must not have been convicted of or entered a plea of nolo contendere to a felony in any jurisdiction for at least five (5) years.
3. Must dress appropriately for a business-working atmosphere.
4. Successfully pass a drug test.
5. Successfully pass a background check that meets the requirements NIGC.
6. Must meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and HTGC policy and procedures.
7. Must have the ability to correspond professionally at all times.
8. Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and oral reports.
9. Must have good organizational skills.
10. Work independently and exercise good judgment in
safeguarding confidential and sensitive information.
11. Read, comprehend and interpret complex written materials.
12. Must be able to account for individual work time frame.
13. Must be willing to travel when necessary.
1. Reports to Habematolel Tribal Gaming Commission.
2. Conducts thorough and complete background investigations
in accordance with the HTGC policies and procedures.
3. Reviews employees/vendors applications/personal history statements (and other documents) as required to determine suitability for completeness and directs employees/vendors to provide additional information if needed.
4. Contacts and conducts investigative interviews of employees/vendors personal and employment references.
5. Prepares letters, reports and written summary of findings.
6. Will obtain all required information regarding the employee/vendor prior to the issuance of a license.
7. Issue a final licensing report for consideration of hire to the HTGC based on research and analysis.
8. Maintain strict confidentiality at all times. Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of all personnel matters.
9. Maintain a constant and professional interaction and communication with the HTGC personnel.
10. Create and/or revise applications/forms pertaining to HTGC MICS as directed by the HTGC.
11. Work with HTGC to reorganize and create procedures for a proper internal system that correlates with full compliance of the tribal code, state and NIGC minimum internal control standards.
12. Attends training sessions, seminars and conferences as required.
13. Must assist with any other duties and/or responsibilities as directed by the HTGC.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. At least one year of experience related to investigative work or ability to learn on the job.
3. Proficient in computer skills/electronic information systems to access data and utilize modern office techniques.
4. Has knowledge of gaming activity and conform to required policies as well as following procedures mandated by regulatory authorities, HTGC regulations and casino policies and procedures.