Casino cashiers are responsible for carrying out a variety of transactions in a casino and handling any required paperwork. Those who work in the cash cage exchange tickets and chips for cash, cash checks and process credit card advances. In addition cashiers must balance their bank at the end of each shift.
Education and Experience:
Possession of a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D) ability to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above.
- At least 21 years of age
- 1 year cash handling experience of large sums of money (minimum amount of $15,000) and six (6) months customer service experience.
Working knowledge of the Gaming Industry and the laws and regulations governing gaming operations
- Basic computer skills; Excel, Microsoft Office (ability to demonstrate proficiency)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Physical condition allowing prolonged period of standing
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule (all shifts) including holidays and weekends
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of paper work
- Ability to operate most office equipment (computer, fax, copier, etc.)
- Ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds routinely
- Ability to count large sums of money accurately
- Ability to process basic mathematical functions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. For designated imprest bank, at beginning and end of each shift, cashier counts down and balances amounts to the imprest balances. Completes and signs associated accountability forms.
2. Conducts transact ions with Table Games Pit, transferring chips or cash in absence of Main Banker.
3. Helps the Cage Manager, as requested.
4. Has knowledge of federal cash reporting requirements and completes the necessary paper work to comply with federal currency transact ion reporting requirements (Title
31 to be renewed annually).
5. Team member window duties include but are not limited to conducting customer even money exchanges, ticket redemptions, exchanges chips for cash and completes jackpot transactions
6. Maintains high level of customer confidentiality at all times.
7. Maintains the cage and/or main bank area in a neat and orderly manner at all times.
8. Adheres to all regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures, and to the MICS.
9. Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Running Creek Casino and of the Finance department.
10. Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies and procedures of the Running Creek Casino and of the Hospitality Services department.
11. And all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 8 hours. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must have a good sense of balance, and be able to bend and kneel. Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects. Must have manual dexterity necessary to count money and chips. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions. Must possess strength to lift and move materials and equipment weighing up to 50; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Must be available for regular standby assignments and work emergency overtime as required.
Office, gaming floor and convention center environment including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Extensive computer use. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals. High volume direct public contact.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All Running Creek Casino employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Casino policies, MICS, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations. Conditions of employment with the Running Creek Casino include passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to secure a gaming license and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them.