Title: Health, Social and Human Services Administrator
Supervisor: Executive Council
Department: Health, Social and Human Services
Location: On-Site at 635 E. Highway 20 A, Upper Lake, CA 95485
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Health, Social and Human Services Administrator will oversee and manage various administrative positions, including the Tribal Members Services Coordinator, Grant Writer, Early Childhood Education Director, and others as assigned. Oversight includes ensuring that assigned project-based programs adhere to established schedules, specifications, and budgets and that deadlines are met in an accurate and timely manner. This position also acts as liaison and advisor to the Tribal leadership and facilitates initiatives across the Tribal entities.
• Leads an inter-entity team to complete an assigned project on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
• Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
• Participate in the hiring and training of new employees.
• Oversees staff for the acquisition and administration of grants
• Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of assigned staff.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed in coordination with Human Resources Department and in accordance with company policy.
• Acts as a liaison between Tribal leadership, employees, and stakeholders.
• Regularly updates Tribal leadership regarding the status of programs and any problems or potential problems.
• Ensures programs comply with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices.
• Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates, conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for projects.
• Identifies and addresses the need for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the Tribe.
• Coordinates the operation of departments to confirm that assigned programs are completed according to specifications, budgets, and timelines.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
• At least five years of related experience required and at least three years of management experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven effective management skills including the ability to provide timely and effective feedback to improve employee performance.
• Working knowledge of supportive social services.
• Working knowledge of the grant writing process and administration
• Knowledge of Tribal services preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, organization, and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Ability to interpret financial data as needed to set employee goals.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake requires the successful completion of a drug screening of all potential Tribal employees before the scheduling of an interview. The Tribe recognizes that the State of California has legalized the use of marijuana. However, as an independent sovereign, the Tribe maintains a prohibition of marijuana by its employees is located on federally owned trust land and complies with federal laws. Therefore, marijuana use is prohibited, and all drug tests will include a screening for THC. Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake Tribe has a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy, and employees will be required to sign a Consent to Drug and/or Alcohol Testing. Employees may be selected for alcohol/drug testing upon reasonable suspicion and upon any/all accidents.
Candidates for this position will be subject to criminal and character background checks and fingerprinting. Verification of previous employment and education will be conducted after the interview if an offer of employment is being considered.
Confidentiality is an absolute requirement for this position and is cause for immediate termination if not followed to the highest standard.
Preference in hiring is given to (1) qualified Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake Tribal Members; and (2) qualified American Indians in accordance with Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473. Applicants claiming Indian preference must submit verification of Indian eligibility.
POINT OF CONTACT:
Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake